Note on front: "Schuyler-Hamilton House Morristown Chapter, D.A.R. " [This house, Jabez Campfield House, was built in 1760. It is now named the Schuyler- Hamilton House in honor of Betsy Schuyler and Alexander Hamilton, who courted there. It is owned by the Morristown chapter of the D.A R., who purchased it in 1923. Dr. John Cochrane was assigned to General Washington during the winter of 1779 and 1780, and he was stationed at this house. Dr Cochrane's wife was the sister of General Philip Schuyler, whose daughter Betsy was courted by Alexander Hamilton here. Schuyler and Hamilton were married in 1780.